A Fresh Start for Your Skin: Laser Resurfacing's Impact on Wrinkles, Sun Damage, and Scars
Laser resurfacing uses pulses of laser light. These beams penetrate the skin’s surface, where water in the skin cells absorbs them. When this happens, the superficial layer of your skin, is vaporized. The middle layer, heats up, stimulating the growth of new collagen fibers. As the area heals, new firmer, smoother skin replaces the old layers.
Laser resurfacing treatments can lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It may prove especially effective on:
• Crow’s feet or lines and wrinkles under and around the eyes
• Facial lines and wrinkles on the forehead.
• Laughter lines, or those appearing around the mouth.
• Not only can it reduce the appearance of wrinkles right away, it also encourages collagen production, which can improve the health of your skin over time.
Exposure to UV light may contribute to visible signs of skin aging , such as:
• sagging due to decreased elasticity.
• rough and uneven skin texture
• spider veins
Laser resurfacing can significantly reduce the appearance of all of the above.
Resurfacing lasers can help tighten skin, and they may also help improve eyelid skin laxity and minimize the appearance of baggy eyes.
Resurfacing laser treatment helps reduce the appearance of acne scarring by stimulating collagen production that helps tighten and smooth out the scars.
Furthermore, laser resurfacing can treat numerous cosmetic and medical skin issues, from visible signs of aging and sun damage to scars.