Why choose SKIN111?
From 290 AED (after discount).
Free consultation with highly qualified and experienced doctors and laser specialists.
Voted amongst the top 6 Aesthetics clinic in the GCC in 2021, 2022, 2023 & 2024.
Best Aesthetics clinic in Dubai, MEA business awards. 2022 and 2023.
Offering the best prices for the quality of service and product.
Free payment plan (0%). (Interest)
Located in Gate Village 05 - DIFC, Gate Village 07 - DIFC (opposite of Empower), Nakheel Mall - Palm Jumeirah (LG floor, next to Emirates Islamic Bank).
Free valet parking, open every day 9am – 9pm.
40% discount with SKIN111 loyalty card.
What are Acne Scars?
Acne scars occur due to improper healing and skin remodeling after acne-break out. Acne scars manifest in the skin surface in various forms, which damage the skin texture. It affects one’s confidence and self-esteem, making it as one of priority concerns in aesthetic and dermatology.
Acne scars are commonly seen in the face as irregular and uneven marks over the cheeks, temples and t-zone. In general, acne scars can be classified in to 2:
- 1. Atopic Scars: Atopic scars are form of acne scars that usually creates craters and depressions in the skin surface. These scars are commonly known as Ice-peak Scars, Box Scars and Rolling Scars.
- 2. Hypertrophic Scars: Hypertrophic scars are elevated and hard skin tissue that is usually seen in a form of keloid scars. These scars are result of over production of hard collagen by the body to heal the skin injury from the active acne-breakout.
Possible Causes for Acne Scars?
Acne scars originates from an inflammation of an active acne. Skin’s healing process may vary from person-to-person. Aside from non-modifiable factors such as genetic predisposition, age, and hormones; there are known risk and causes that may contribute to acne scarring which can be avoided:
- Manipulation and forceful extraction of comedones and acne increases the damage and injury to the skin.
- Oily skin increases the chances of developing acne break-out, which can expose the skin from the risk of acne scarring.
- Poor hygiene can contribute to developing infection and compromise skin healing.
Benefits of Acne Scar Treatment
Smoother and healthier skin
Tighter and firmer skin
Boosting your confidence and self esteem
Acne Scar Treatments in Dubai
Skin 111 provides extensive range of acne scar solution. We provide personalized combination of advance treatments with the team of highly experienced and specialized Doctors and Therapists. Our range of services are as follows:
- Radiofrequency + Microneedling (Secret Duo)
- Broadband Light and Intense Pulse Light
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- Chemical Peel
- Rejuvenation Threads
- Fillers and Skin Boosters
- Fractional Laser (HALO, PICO and MOXI)
Types of Acne Scar Treatment
Potential acne scar treatment options available in SKIN111 clinic include
Subcision, PRP, Exosomes, Microneedling Radio frequency with secret duo and morpheus8.
Fractional lasers includes Smart PICO, Halo, Moxi, carbon peel
Short PDO threads, Minor surgery e.g punch excision or punch elevation
Fillers: Juvederm, Aliaxin, Radiesse.
The choice of acne scar treatment is customized based on scar severity, scar type and skin type. Mostly different treatment options are combined to achieve optimal outcomes.
Before and After of Acne Scar Treatment
Acne Scar Treatment FAQs:
The severity of pain and discomfort depends on patient tolerance and the nature of procedure. However, patient will have topical anesthesia or numbing cream before procedure to limit the discomfort.
Downtime may vary from the nature of procedure. In general, most of acne scar treatment requires downtime to allow the skin to recover and facilitate proper skin remodeling and healing.
Acne scars are complex skin concern and it requires combination of treatments. Each procedure may require different number of sessions.
Yes laser improves the appearance of scar however additionally patient may need steroid shots to soften the fibrotic tissue.
Scar removal may not be achievable but of course by combining different treatments; improvement of acne scars can reach to 60-80% in most cases.