Dark Circles Under the Eyes
What are the causes of under eyes dark circles?
The causes of dark circles include genetics, aging, atopic dermatitis (Allergy), anemia, B12 deficiency, chronic diseases e.g thyroid, kidney or liver diseases, sun exposure, dehydration, lack of sleep or oversleeping, fatigue, eyes strain due to long exposure to screens e.g TV, mobile or laptop, smoking and drinking alcohol.
Can I get rid of dark circles completely?
Since dark circles is multi factorial condition; it may not be treated completely however, it can be improved significantly by lifestyle changes and different treatment’s options.
How can I find the most probable reason for under eyes dark circles?
Your doctor will assess by physical examination and medical history. Eyelid stretch test is very helpful. Sometimes your dermatologist may use a wood lamp to determine pigmentation level. If necessary, the doctor may request some blood tests to find out underlying conditions. This assessment will help doctors to classify whether dark circles are due to pigmentation, vascular, structural changes (tear trough, eye bags) or mixed type.
What lifestyle changes are helpful to improve dark circles?
Good sleep, good diet, drinking more water, balanced daily routine, avoiding sun exposure, controlling underlying health conditions, applying an eye cream and avoiding longer exposure to digital screens are some of the lifestyle changes that can help improve the appearance of dark circles.
What treatment options are available for dark circles?!
Your doctor will choose appropriate treatment depending upon the type of classification mentioned above. Some treatments that can help you get rid of dark circles include:
- Dermal filler. Restore volume to the under-eye area, reducing shadowing and hollowness
- Skin boosters. Hydrate and improve the skin's texture, diminishing the appearance of dark circles.
- Fat pad removal. Eliminates excess fat, creating a smoother under-eye contour
- Laser resurfacing. Rejuvenates the skin, addressing discoloration and uneven texture
- Carboxy therapy. Introduces carbon dioxide to improve circulation, thus lightening under-eye darkness.
- Mesotherapy with brightening and rejuvenating cocktails. Infuses the skin with nourishing substances that enhance radiance.
- PRP. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) uses injections of a concentration of a patient’s own platelets to harnesses the body's healing properties to stimulate skin regeneration and improve its tone
Dark Circles FAQs:
How to get rid of dark circles?
There are many ways that can eliminate or reduce the appearance of dark circles under eyes including lifestyle changes, controlling underlying health conditions and seeking appropriate treatment based on consultation with a dermatologist.
How to remove dark circles under eyes permanently?
Practically there is no permanent solution to remove under eye dark circles however by eliminating underlying reasons and proper treatment; significant improvements can be achieved.
What deficiency causes dark circles?
Iron deficiency and vitamins deficiency particularly B12, D, E, K can cause under eyes dark circles